Even though I have been a writer for a long time, I have never written a book. Earlier this year, a publisher approached me to write a cookbook called “The Lupus Cookbook: 125+ Anti-inflammatory Recipes to Live Well With Lupus“. I have written a bit on autoimmune disease in the past. I also had personal experience with diet helping change the course of my own “possible” autoimmune disease. I would like to present my first book which will be available on November 27th!
But, one of the super useful pieces of the book are the lists of practical tools and tricks for those with lupus or anyone struggling with a chronic disease. Here is one of those lists. My favorite kitchen-must-haves for making cooking (and cleaning) easier:
- Electric jar opener: I like this one by Hamilton Beach, makes opening jars when you are struggling with joint pain a bit easier.
- Glass storage containers: You always want to use glass instead of plastics to store food, particularly if you will be using these storage containers in the microwave.
- Slow cooker + liners for the slow cooker for easy cleanup: There is nothing like the smell of a pre-cooked dinner when you get home from work.
- Garlic press: who wants to smell like garlic anyway?
- Meat thermometer: cooking meat to the right temperature is one of the best things you can do to stay safe in the kitchen
- Bendable cutting board
- High-power blender: the Vitamix is definitely worth the investment, this baby can blend anything!
- Spiral vegetable slicer: makes some amazing veggie noodles
- Mandolin: quick and easy way to get perfectly sliced veggies.
- Food processor: another way to get knife-free slicing and dicing
- Toaster oven: or when you really don’t want to turn on the oven.
- Pineapple slicer: because pineapples are pretty hard to cut
Even if you don’t have lupus, these kitchen gadgets can make food prep a breeze!
If you have lupus, or know anyone who does, check out the Lupus Cookbook on November 27th!
Looking for a ghostwriter for your next nutrition book? Contact me!
*This post contains affiliate links.